Most frequent questions and answers
What are the starting dates for the WWU cannabis certificate programs?
All programs will commence on the following dates:
– List of Intend Start Dates –
What is the registration deadline?

Students may register up to 7 days, after the start date. To register past that date, please contact us to see if we can accommodate your request.

Are WWU’s cannabis certificate programs designed for students to work at their own pace?

Yes, but with some structure. New course material is made available weekly for the duration of each program. Student study is primarily asynchronous (i.e. you may study at a time suitable for yourself). Students are required to pass online tests to progress through the program. You may “catch up” at your own speed, however you cannot progress through the course faster than the weekly release of new content.

How long does the program take to complete?

Each certificate consists of three eight-week courses. The certificate takes approximately six months in total to complete.

How much time should I expect to devote to the program?

Students should expect to dedicate 6-8 hours per week to adequately interact and complete coursework in the certificate programs. 

What type of qualification is associated with the WWU cannabis certificate programs?

Students who successfully complete each program will receive a Certificate of Completion from Western Washington University.

Are scholarships or financial aid available for WWU cannabis certificate programs?

WWU cannabis certificates are non-credit, so they are not eligible for federal aid.

Why Green Flower?

Western Washington University has partnered with cannabis education platform Green Flower to produce credible cannabis certificates. Green Flower’s content curriculum features trusted information and perspectives from industry-leading cannabis professionals, delivered in a format designed using best-in-class learning practices.

What restrictions are there for current Western Washington University students interested in enrolling in these courses?

Current Western Washington University students must adhere to the Possession or Use of Drugs policy and to Western’s Policy Concerning Alcohol and Other Drugs (POL – U7400.01).